The legal battle between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard It has become a dramatic television series watched by millions around the world.
Despite the fact that they are the protagonists, during the interrogation of Depp’s defense to Heard another main character has appeared in the story that has already accumulated a group of fans: Camille Vasquez.
Vasquez, who along with eight other lawyers are trying to win the $50 million defamation lawsuitkept a low profile at the start of the case, but since taking over from lead attorney Benjamin Chew to handle testimony from Amber and her witnesses, he has gained notable popularity.
In De10.mx we tell you more about this lawyer with latin ancestry which has become a headache for the blonde actress and her entire legal team.
10 facts about Camille Vasquez, Johnny Depp’s lawyer who is killing Amber Heard
1. Camille M. Vasquez was born in 1984, in San Francisco, California, United States. The 38-year-old woman is the daughter of Cuban and Colombian parents.
2. Vasquez is a 2006 graduate of the University of Southern California, with a law degree, and a 2010 graduate of Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles, where he received a Juris Doctor degree.
3. For four years she has been an associate at the high-profile law firm, Brown Rudnick, hired by Johnny Depp to defend him in the defamation case against Amber Heard.
4. Camille works hand in hand with eight other lawyers from the firm, who work throughout the United States, to win Depp’s trial.
Among them is Benjamin G. Chew, head of the case and a lawyer who sits next to Depp at the trial. He is a specialist in breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, intellectual property, government contracts, breach of contract, class actions, among other matters.
5. In 2021, she was named by The Best Lawyers in America magazine as one of the One to Watch lawyers, that is, someone who should not lose sight of.
6. According to the Brown Rudnick Law Firm official website, Vasquez specializes in “plaintiff’s defamation lawsuits, with additional experience litigating contract disputes, business-related torts, and employment-related claims. He also has extensive experience handling the parallel crisis communications and reputation management issues that arise from these engagements.”
7. At the end of the interrogations, he has been seen effusively embracing Depp, which is why rumors of a supposed romance began. The lawyer was questioned when leaving the court, but she just smiled.
“Are you and Johnny Depp Dating?” The way I love this woman. pic.twitter.com/bJLb7ZhEer
—☠️ (@lydiadiscovers) May 18, 2022
8. Guardian reported that Camille had a relationship with a British real estate agent and that the hugs between them were a strategy to make Johnny look “softer”, since he is accused of abusing the woman.
However the Daily Mail spoke with Vasquez’s father and confessed that his daughter was dating a lawyer from another firm and not a real estate agent.
9. During his presentation in the case his name was a trend in social networks, the hashtag #camillevasquez reached 980 million impressions on TikTok, especially a video where he repeatedly objects to Heard’s lead attorney, Elaine Bredehoft, in just 10 minutes.
10. Camille had worked with Depp in the past on cases against his former lawyer Jake Bloom and former business manager Joel Mandel.
We would like to say thanks to the author of this write-up for this remarkable web content
Camille Vasquez, Johnny Depp’s lawyer who is “destroying” Amber Heard