At 67 years old, Ernesto de Hannover seems to be living a second youth. This fall, the still husband of Princess Carolina of Monaco is enjoying an eternal spring that in a month will suffer a hiatus to meet face to face with his eldest son with whom he has a legal dispute over the assets of the House. Having fun like a child aboard a scooter, playing with his grandchildren, twins Nicolás and Sofía, children of Christian and Alessandra de Osma, or making the most of the possibilities that Madrid offers at this time of year with Claudia Stilianopoulos, daughter of the well-remembered Pitita Ridruejo. A very happy time in which we have seen him how he has regained his smile after being admitted to a clinic after he was sentenced to ten months in prison on probation for insulting, threatening and assaulting several people and police officers while intoxicated.
– The surprise couple of the autumn: Ernesto de Hannover very excited about Claudia Stilianopoulos, Pitita Ridruejo’s daughter
– A last chapter for the complicated year of Ernesto de Hannover
This incident it is not the only judicial matter in which he has been involved in recent months and is awaiting a new chapter on November 25 when have to appear at the Hannover Regional Court as does his eldest son, Ernst August. An appointment to which they must inevitably go both in person, and that it will force the head of Casa Güelfa to leave his idyllic Madrid retreat for at least one day. Between the years 2004 and 2007, Ernest of Hannover donated to his son Ernst August the historical properties of the family, These include the impressive Marienburg Castle, seat of the Royal Family, as well as Calenberg Castle and the Prince’s Palace (Herrenhausen), all in Lower Saxony (Germany). Since then he’s been claiming that the donation is revoked for “ingratitude”. At the end of 2020, he filed the lawsuit in which he requires his son to return the estate. Bases the cancellation of the donation on a problem of “grave ingratitude “, unjust enrichment and loss of business base, Bunte reports.
Ernest of Hannover maintains that his eldest son tried to gain control of fortune of the Hannover house behind him carrying out its dismissal as president of the foundation Duke of Cumberland family member, a position he yielded to the defendant in 2012, and planning the donation of the Marienburg Palace to the German state of Lower Saxony, against his father’s will. In addition, he accuses him of make him sign “blindly” a power of attorney that overrides your right to revoke the donation and to appropriate improperly of works of art and antiques of the family patrimony from the Duke Augustus Library in Wolfenbüttel and the Hannover Museum of History, which amounts to five million euros.
The Crown Prince of Hanover, 38 years old, denies the allegations, according to the court. Back in February, he declared that the lawsuit was insubstantial and that the accusations it contained were false, but, out of consideration for his family, did not want to comment on the details “Also to protect my father,” he said. Ernst August wanted to sell the old Hannover summer residence to the public sector for the symbolic price of one euro. But after his father’s objection, the negotiated deal with the Lower Saxony state government fell through. After, the palace and inventory were transferred to the Duke of Cumberland foundation. “The solution of the foundation found with the state of Lower Saxony is legally secure; nothing stands in the way of the long-term preservation of Marienburg as the central cultural monument of Lower Saxony, which remains accessible to the public for all”, Ernst August explained and as reported Bunte. The Güelfa House is considered to be one of the oldest noble families in Europe.
The bad relationship between father and son is long overdue. On July 8, 2017, Ernst August said ‘yes, I do’ with Ekaterina Malysheva in a religious ceremony that took place in the Hannover Market Church, a link that had a great absence, that of his father, Ernesto de Hannover, that he did not approve of that marriage. It was at that moment, just before the marriage of his eldest son, when he openly declared war with harsh statements to the newspaper Handesblatt where he claimed that he feared that the couple would squander the family fortune And that had given an ultimatum to his heir to return all gifts received since 2004, including the spectacular Marienburg Castle and other properties spread across Germany and Austria. Prince has not wanted to recognize either his grandson August, almost two years old, as the legitimate heir. The still husband of Carolina de Monáco then undertook a personal and judicial battle to regain control of family assets, including the Austrian hunting ground where he had the last few problems with the police.
The relationship between Ernesto de Hannover and Ernst August is nullIt is with the only one of his children that he has no dealings with. Although for a while the relationship got very cold too with Christian and Alexandra, aged 33 and 22 years, respectively, to the point of being without contact with them for a year, this summer we were able to see them with their young son in Ibiza and in the last weeks too in Madrid together with Christian’s wife, Alessandra de Osma, and his two grandchildren, Nicolás and Sofía. With the daughter he has in common with Carolina de Monaco also try to see At least once a year and the place chosen for the meeting is usually New York
We want to thank the author of this write-up for this amazing material
Ernesto de Hannover will leave his idyllic retirement in Madrid to face his son in court