Who is who in “Narcos: Mexico”? The third and final season of “Narcos: Mexico“, from Netflix, is set in the 90s, when the drug business became global, after the arrest of Félix Gallardo and in the midst of a war between the cartels and the emergence of new drug lords in Mexico, with the political arena more agitated than never.
MORE INFORMATION: What does the end of the third season of “Narcos: Mexico” mean?
Who is the first victim of this war? The truth. And every arrest, murder, and execution only makes a victory over drugs even more distant. New episodes of the series focus on Amado Carillo Fuentes (José María Yazpik), better known as the ‘Lord of the skies’.
For this final installment of “Narcos: Mexico”Among the actors who have resumed their roles are Scoot McNairy (Walt Breslin), Jose Maria Yazpik (Amado Carrillo Fuentes), Alberto Ammann (Hélmer Herrera, alias“ Pacho ”), Alfonso Dosal (Benjamín Arellano Félix), Mayra Hermosillo ( Enedina Arellano Félix), Matt Letscher (Jaime Kuykendall), Manuel Masalva (Ramón Arellano Félix), Alejandro Edda (Joaquín Guzmán, alias “El Chapo”) and Gorka Lasaosa (Héctor Luis Palma Salazar).
MORE INFORMATION: “Narcos: Mexico”, will it have another season?
Meanwhile, Luis Gerardo Méndez, Alberto Guerra, Luisa Rubino, Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio (Bad Bunny), among others, joined the cast of the third season. But who is who?
WHO ARE THE NEW CHARACTERS OF “NARCOS: MÉXICO”?
1. LUIS GERARDO MÉNDEZ IS VÍCTOR TAPIA
Víctor Tapia is a police officer from Juárez who ends up involved in a moral dilemma, who despite his doubts about getting involved, is dragged by the mystery of a series of brutal murders.
“My character is a policeman from Ciudad Juárez. I can’t tell you much about the story, but he’s one of the main characters in season three … my character is complex. My story is really, really urgent, necessary and painful. It is a really painful story that is still happening in Mexico. So I wanted to get on board and talk about this, ”he said. Luis Gerardo Mendez in an interview with ET.
MORE INFORMATION: Luis Gerardo Méndez, did you really gain weight for the role of Víctor Tapia?
2. ALBERTO GUERRA IS ISMAEL “EL MAYO” ZAMBADA
Alberto Guerra plays Ismael ‘El Mayo’ Zambada is an independent drug lord, whose modesty belies the fact that he is quietly one step ahead of everyone else.
MORE INFORMATION: The true story of the murder of an employee at the home of Carlos Salinas de Gortari
3. LUISA RUBINO IS ANDREA NUÑEZ
Luisa rubino is in charge of interpreting Andrea Nuñez in the third season of “Narcos: Mexico”. She is an idealistic and ambitious young journalist whose mission to expose corruption gives her an even bigger story than she anticipated.
MORE INFORMATION: Who is Luisa Rubino, the actress who plays Andrea Nuñez
Four. BAD BUNNY IS ARTURO “KITTY” PÁEZ
Kitty Paez is a member of Ramón Arellano Félix’s gang called the ‘Narco Juniors’, made up of wealthy and well-connected children from high society who joined the life of the cartel for money, drugs and violence.
“I loved the original Narcos, so when they announced Narcos: Mexico, it was sold; I am honored to be part of the program, ”he stated Bad bunny to Entertainment Weekly.
MORE INFORMATION: All about Kitty Páez, the bloodthirsty character of Bad Bunny in “Narcos: México”
Although they are the most important they are not the only ones who join the cast of “Narcos: Mexico”In its final season.
- Alejandro Furth as Ramon Salgado
- Lorenzo Ferro as Alex Hodoyan
- José Zúñiga as General Rebollo
- Diego Calva as Arturo Beltran Leyva
- Kristen Lee Gutoskie as Dani
- Beau Mirchoff as Steve Sheridan
- Yessica Borroto as Marta
- Damayanti Quintanar as Hortencia
- Manuel Uriza as Carlos Hank Gonzalez
- Markin López as Rogelio
WILL “NARCOS MÉXICO” HAVE SEASON 4?
Although the third season was announced as the last of the crime drama, in February 2020, the ex-showrunner Eric Newman said to The Hollywood Reporter that “they would continue as long as they allow us and as long as the war on drugs lasts, which, as you know, has no end in sight.”
“Unfortunately, the war on drugs will continue for a long time, with no signs of stopping, so there is no shortage of material,” added the producer at the time.
Nevertheless, Eric Newman left the third season of “Narcos Mexico”In the hands of Carlo Bernard to focus on another project of Netflix. Is about “Griselda”, A limited series of six episodes starring Sofia vergara.
According to the official synopsis, the new series “tells the real life of the intelligent and ambitious Colombian businesswoman, Griselda Blanco, who created one of the most profitable cartels in history. A devoted mother, Blanco’s lethal mix of charm and unsuspecting savagery helped her expertly navigate between family and business, leading to her becoming widely known as the ‘Black Widow.’
Eric Newman clarified that it is an independent series and no connection to the franchise of “Narcos”. “Griselda Blanco has long been an exciting project for Sofía and we are grateful that she and her partners at LatinWe have chosen us to help tell that story. Sofia is a brilliant talent and her passion combined with a fantastic story from Doug and Ingrid, and the incredible Andrés Baiz at the helm, means that we have a very exciting series to share with the audience, ”the showrunner explained in a statement.
MORE INFORMATION: Who is Mayra Hermosillo, the actress who plays Enedina Arellano Félix in “Narcos: México”
EPISODES OF SEASON 3 OF “NARCOS MÉXICO”
- Twelve steps. Walt’s undercover mission takes a turn. After three months, Amado is released from jail. Victor, a policeman from Ciudad Juárez, is looking for a missing girl.
- As the flower. Andrea, a journalist from Tijuana, takes an interest in the teenage guests at Enedina Arellano’s wedding to a distinguished attorney. Walt considers moving.
- Juniors. After a disappointing conversation with the Arellanos about buying land, the Sinaloa cartel reacts. Andrea continues her investigation of the narcojuniors.
- Guadalajara. While the Tijuana and Sinaloa cartels are at war, everyone is wondering about the one in Juárez, but Amado has other plans in Cuba. Ramón wants revenge on Chapo.
- Agent on the ground. Walt joins a Mexican special force led by General Rebollo to catch those responsible for the Guadalajara massacre and the death of Cardinal Posada.
- The boss. Shaken by murder, Victor decides to act. Violence intensifies in Tijuana. The new boss, Enedina, devises a plan to challenge her cartel’s rivals.
- The voice. La Voz suffers an attack after its report on Colosio’s murderers. Mayo and El Chapo form an alliance against the Tijuana cartel. Victor asks questions.
- The last danzón. Since torturing Alex doesn’t work, Walt changes tack. Andrea examines financial records tied to Hank and the PRI. Amado makes plans for the future.
- Accountability. Andrea discovers an unsettling connection that sparks a series of events. With Alex’s help, Walt is hot on Benjamin’s heels. Hank threatens Amado.
- Life in times of war. Authorities in Mexico and the United States are seriously looking for Amado. In jail, El Chapo moves pieces to show who’s boss. Enedina sends Ramón on a mission.
MORE INFORMATION: Who was Jesús Gutiérrez Rebollo in real life and why was he imprisoned
WHO WAS CARLOS HANK GONZÁLEZ IN REAL LIFE?
Carlos Hank Gonzalez He was born on August 28, 1927 in Santiago Tianguistenco, state of Mexico; He was the son of Jorge Hank Weber, a German immigrant, and Julia González Tenorio. He was a normalist teacher graduated from the Normal School of Toluca, he served as a teacher and school director in Atlacomulco and as a professor at the Higher Normal School of Mexico.
He was part of the Political Council of the National Executive Committee of the PRIHe was a very important figure in the National Confederation of Popular Organizations and a party delegate in the states of Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche and Yucatán. In addition, he was a member of the Board of Grupo Financiero Interacciones. If you want to read more, CLICK HERE.
We wish to say thanks to the author of this write-up for this outstanding material
Who’s Who in Narcos: Mexico – Season 3